Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Does One Say in Their First Post?

I have often thought about starting a journal or perhaps recording my thought(s) on an MP3 recorder as I run. I think often and act occasionally. I started this blog because my wife thought it would be a good idea for me to extend my genius to the world (She didnt actually say genius, but I know what she meant). "Genius" is a relative term. Einstein was a "genius" in physics, but failed at marriage and made key contributions to technology that can destroy all life on earth. Einstein was a Jew that viewed science as a means to find out "how God thinks" (paraphrased quote). Einstein was also a "deist" who believed that God created our universe and sits now watching what is happening within it with no power to change the course of events spurred by His own creation. "Genius" is a relative term. I think it is safe to say that a genius is one who is granted a gift in one or more facets of our being. For example, smart in math, able to master many languages, artistic, good cook, skilled at sport, skilled at ripping people off, etc. A genius is really really good at one or more things. A "genius" is surely not so smart in other areas. Be careful when listening to a "genius". Geniuses have been known to be wrong even in there strongest area of genius.

No comments: